Sunday, June 10, 2007

June 10, 2007












Yes dear readers, I believe that March was the last update I sent. So sorry about that. It has been freakishly busy around the Lee household. So here is the latest and greatest...

Aida: is a little diva already. She transformed from baby to teenager in about a week, and won't even be two until August. She FINALLY has most of her teeth! The last few coming in right now are giving her a bit of trouble. She hasn't used a pacifier for about 6 months, but she found one and chews rigorously on it when her teeth hurt, (or when she wants to be a baby- she says "baby" and puts it in). She is repeating a LOT of words anymore. She has trouble with her L's so when she says I love you, it's "I yo you." She is communicating very well now that she has her family trained. Already, she has found ways to get what she wants: "I yo you," kisses, hugs, "nice" and strokes my face... she knows she's cute and can get us to do more than we probably should. The teenager in her comes out when she throws a fit. I've had to put her in her room and shut the door to get her to calm down twice already. She has graduated from her crib and is also working on potty training. Lots has happened since March! I call her a teenager, because I was about to take her picture and she crossed her arms. I called her "sassy" and she repeated it. You'll know which picture when you see it.

Liam: took his first real vacation without me, Brack or Aida. He went on an airplane with Brack's mom and stepdad (Maw and Papa Choo Choo) to Missouri. He was there for a week and a half and had a blast. We talked with him nearly every day and was always busy doing something fun. On the plane ride back, he was unable to sit with his Papa Choo Choo, and was several rows away. I was told he was quite the big boy and did an excellent job for being only 4. I am so proud of him. He has started recognizing a few sight words here and there, and he loves telling people how to spell his name. I am debating whether to keep him in his preschool run by his daycare, or to enroll him in the preschool in the elementary next to my school. I have to look at the logistics of transportation / hours...etc. He is obsesed with Star Wars, Spiderman, Pirates of the Carribean and Cars. He acts out Star Wars and Cars scenes with his toys quite often. He is still our builder, and is quite symmetrical and patterned in whatever he builds.

Brack: Also obsessed with Star Wars? Yep. But he could have a lot worse obsessions, so I'm good with it. He recently went to California to the 30th anniversary Star Wars Celebration Convention thingy. He had a blast although he missed his family quite a bit. He got some cool Star Wars stuff, saw some cool Star Wars people and heckled a hooker from a double-decker bus he was riding in. (Nothing nasty. Come on, you know Brack!) He really wished we could all be there though. That was the premise behind his whole youtube video contest thing. Liam would have loved it as well. Brack is, as always, a great daddy. He is very involved in everything the kids do, and his approach to solving problems with them is just awesome. I have learned a lot from him.

Meee: School's out- yay! It was a difficult end of the year, (to say the least). Busy was too calm of a word to explain it. There is a lot involved with the end of the year to begin with, but add 8th-grade awards, field trip and International Baccalaureate requirements, and a house Brack and I are trying to fix in order to sell... I was frantic. So, school commitments are over, now we are just finishing the house. This is the house we actually bought in 2001. It was built in 1901, and we've been renting it out for the past 3 years (long story). So, we wanted to sell it this year, and our last set of renters trashed it. So, the whole thing has been repainted inside and out, new grass, new carpet, new tile, every inch of the house is being thoroughly cleaned and Brack and I have had a ton of help from my sister Jen, my dad, my mom, and my uncle Dave. We should be able to put it on the market by the end of next week. So, all that craziness will soon calm down as well. I am SOOOO looking forward to our Missouri vacation. I really want to waterski this time.

Here are lots of recent photos!

No comments: