Friday, September 16, 2005

September 16, 2005




Aida: 1 month old! 7lbs 12 oz eating about every 2&1/2 hours looking around to see who is talking Very mellow Cries only for food, change of diaper, or when she has gas Otherwise just looks around and chills-out Liam: 2 years 5months tall and skinny (but feels very heavy!) starting to get more picky with his eating. He seems to try to eat almost anything if you give him something to dip it in! Still working on potty-training. He gets a sticker on his chart every time he goes in the potty. Loves being outside. Throws a fit if that is taken away. Throwing more crying fits- usually I can get him to stop by asking him if he wants to go into time-out. When he says “no,” I tell him that he has to stop crying or he’ll go to time-out. Trying to get him to use his words when he is upset instead of crying about it. He loves his sister and already seems pretty protective of her. Liam has been more involved with playing with arts & crafts-type stuff: play dough, markers, paints, scissors/glue, stamps…etc. Beth: I’ve lost 18 lbs since Aida’s birth. (yay!) Enjoying my time with the kids, but I have a lot of empathy for stay-at-home parents. It’s really hard to take care of the kids AND get anything done around the house! Forget running errands altogether! Really glad I am not at school at this time as they have had the most chaotic start to school ever. Even more glad I have an experienced teacher as my substitute who can handle the chaos. I owe her lots of beer or wine for this! Starting to get frequent headaches, but other than that, things are as well as expected. Brack: Is a really great dad. He can get Liam to take a nap, clean up, or go to bed when I can’t. He’s very patient. He also will feed Aida during the night. We have an agreement that he feeds her if she is up before 3am, and I feed her after 3am. He stopped playing indoor soccer for this season so he can help with Aida and Liam. I’m very grateful, and hope he gets back into it for next season. I know how much he likes it. He is a groomsman in his friend Matt’s wedding this weekend, so I get to see him in a tux again!! Well, that’s about it for now! Here are some photos!

No comments: