Saturday, December 15, 2007

Dec. 15, 2007

Yeppers- lots going on!

First and foremost. We went to Orlando for the week of Thanksgiving. Maw & Papa Choo-Choo were so incredibly generous and brought their whole family out for the week! So, Liam, Aida, Brack, me, Auntie Kris, Uncle Fred, Auntie Julie, Uncle Scott, and cousins Nick, Justin, and Colton all joined Maw, Papa Choo-Choo and Ali at their friend's vacation home for a week of exhausting fun! We went to Universal Studios-Islands of Adventure theme park, the Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, and Disney MGM Studios theme park. Unfortunately, I had to miss the Animal Kingdom due to the stomach flu, but still had an excellent time overall.

Highlights:
  • We all got to play in the Ocean on Cocoa Beach on Thanksgiving. Aida and Liam really were liking the water!


  • Liam was able to do the Jedi training at MGM and was ecstatic!


  • Aida loved meeting all the different disney characters.


  • Brack and I went on some really cool rides.

  • The weather was awesome (unlike our native Colorado!)


It was truly an unforgettable trip, and it was SOOOO nice to have the entire family (except 1) together!


Since then, it has been pretty much non-stop stuff "to do." Unpack, clean, put up Christmas stuff, clean, put away Christmas boxes, clean, shovel, clean, grade papers, clean....etc. I volunteered to host my work Christmas party this year. I kind of did it because I usually don't go. It's my own fault. mostly because it's hard to occupy Liam and Aida at a non-little-kid house, or I don't want to pay for a sitter during a "spending" time of year. So, I figured that my house would be kid and adult friendly if need be, so my house was chosen. Well, the party just ended about an hour ago, and I had about 40 adults and 24 kids in my house. Wow! AND, it all stayed pretty calm (if that's the word for it.) I was surprised at the turnout, and it was nice to meet some of the families :)

Next Thursday, I am officially "off" for winter break. And OH how I need it! I have started to let all the negative stuff get to me this year, and in turn, I have started to be more negative. Well, on my Thanksgiving vacation. I remembered who I was, and I decided to return to my positive ways. I can always find something good in everyone, so I have gone back to that. That has improved my mood, even though every day at school is still exhausting. I'm still trying to learn how to combat apathy in my students.

Have a Merry Christmas! I'll post more pictures soon!

No comments: