The other night, Aida gets up at 3:30 in the morning. She crawls into our bed and lays next to me brushing my face with her fingers. "Mama, Mama, I want cereals." me: "huh? Aida it's nigh-night time." She was persistent. "Mama, cereals, I want cereals." Just wanting sleep, I decided: "Okay Aida, if you want cereals, you have to lay down in your bed." She bounced off giggling way too much for 3:30am. I put some dry cereal in a bowl and brought it in to her room. She was dutifully laying in bed, and I put the bowl next to her. "Night Aida."
My fatal mistake? I left the door open. We always have her door closed, but I left it open.
5:30am, Aida crawls back up on our bed. She has a pair of kids scissors in her hand. Brack wakes first, grabs the safety scissors, and tells her she can't be walking around with those. It was time for me to get up anyway, and Aida was asking for cereal again. Growth spurt or what? I took her downstairs, and that is when I realized that she probably did not go back to sleep after the first time.
Lights were on. The tupperware with the cookies I had made the night before was in the middle of the floor as if it had been resisting little hands trying to open it. Remains of an arts and crafts project (I assume) that Aida decided to create with the scissors she had been branding and her coloring book. She found a granola bar and had used the scissors to open it. Sitting on the coffee table was a box of mac-n-cheese: a butter knife sitting to one side, and a spoon on the other.
It could have been worse.
I poured her some cereal and some milk, shook my head, sighed, and went up to take my shower.
Trip of a Lifetime
10 years ago

1 comment:
awesome!
what a resourceful little chica. she will make a great McGyver when she is older!
Post a Comment