Thursday, June 25, 2009

Sleepover

On Tuesday, Liam and Aida had a sleepover at our house. Originally, we were just going to have Tyler sleep over to test it out, but Conner was with when Uncle Steve brought Tyler. We had dinner, and Conner was being really good, and Aida was so excited to see him, that I offered to keep him over too. After some convincing of Uncle Steve that we had jammies and a new toothbrush Conner could use/have, it was on.

The kiddos had lots of fun. They all practiced their Spiderman moves with the interactive Spiderman training DVD, and stupid me, I forgot to take any pictures. Then they played and played and played in the basement. Aida played with Conner, and Tyler played with Liam. As a special treat, I let Tyler learn to play some Lego Star Wars on the Xbox. He had a great time.

Bedtime routine went well, storytime got cut off by a phonecall, but each kid chose a book to have in bed with him/her. Liam and Tyler slept in Liam's top bunk, and Aida and Conner camped out on Aida's floor. I swear about every 10 minutes for over an hour I was going into their rooms to tell them to stop talking. What finally worked for Liam and Tyler was that I told them that it didn't seem like the sleepover was working since they were not sleeping, and if they want to have another sleepover in the future, they better not talk anymore. The only glitch was that Conner got a little homesick. He's 3 1/2, so not unusual or unexpected. We went and called his daddy to say goodnight, he cuddled with me a little bit, then I was able to lay him back in his sleeping bag. Rubbing his back a little bit, he passed out pretty quickly.

Throughout the night, I kept waking up to listen for noise from the rooms, so I didn't get much sleep. 6:30 came way too early. Got up, and Conner was up at almost the same time. He didn't take any time at all to tell Aida, Liam and Tyler that it was time to get up, but Liam is usually my late sleeper (like his dad), so I convinced Conner to go downstairs with Aida for some breakfast while the older boys slept a little more. Got everybody fed and dressed and on the road by 8:30. The van was a good idea. Respect the van.

Got to Tyler and Conner's house a little after 9. It was nice to chat with my sis for a while. Funny thing. Her cat Mia who hates almost everyone seemed to hear my voice and came padding up to me for some lovin. I don't know if I just sound or smell similar to my sister, but Mia has always been my buddy. So I got in a little kitty time as well- since I'll never get to own one.

Got the kids home and spent the rest of the day cleaning out my closet. (My sister's new closet design inspired me to just get mine in order.)

So, that's the current state of the Lees. :)

No comments: